Welcome Senior Thesis Writers!
You've made an important decision -- to write a Senior Thesis!
Welcome to the process. We believe that at the end of your Senior Year, you will be happy you undertook this challenge.
To help you meet the many parts of the challenge ahead, we've created this guide. It will help you at different points along your path to completion:
- Understanding exactly what is expected of you
- Learning about key elements --such as the thesis statement, the main argument and the construction of a thesis
- How to do an extended research project and what are some key databases we recommend
- How to use InterLibrary Loan to acquire any materials Brandeis may not own
- Learn about RefWorks-- a citation management tool -- to make the daunting task of keeping your citations in order a lot easier!
- Get advice and tips with steps to researching and writing a thesis, --and how to keep unstuck in the long process ahead
- Lastly, how to submit your thesis to the Brandeis Archives and about your choices of publishing in an online repository
Use this guide at any point during your thesis research and writing.
-- Librarians at LTS
Lisa Zeidenberg, Lead, Instruction Committee