This Library Guide offers an overview of resources for the Life Sciences at Brandeis University.
Life Sciences @ Brandeis
Science at Brandeis
Seminars and Science Blog
Life Sciences @ Brandeis is truly interdisciplinary. You don't know where your research will take you! Whether you are just getting started in exploring the literature, or continuing your journey, this Library Guide is a modest attempt to put the most prominent biosciences research tools in one place.
- From the Home Page, click on the tab Background Information for dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks.
- The section on Books offers a browsing tool for navigating the Library of Congress classification scheme.
- The Journals page lists the most popular titles geared toward Life Scientists.
- For searching journal content, look to the Databases page.
- The Web Sites section takes you to places at other universities and organizations with Life Sciences specialities.
- The tabs for Human Genetics and Neurosciences provide resources specific to these disciplines.
Starter's Guide to Online Research
Just getting started? Brandeis Librarians recommend you watch these online video tutorials to help you jump-start your library research!
Video tutorial: Why Not Just Google? - When is Google the best tool for finding information, and when do you need Brandeis library resources for your research? Find out in this tutorial!
Video tutorial: Brandeis Scholar - How to use Brandeis Scholar, the library's gateway to the scholarly resources available online at Brandeis for your research. Search for ebooks, journal articles, images, and more through Brandeis' Scholar. Get resources for your research without needing to visit the Library!